Mineola Texas

Economic Development Corporation

44235373 2041804209209189 5344070262717415424 n 2

Mineola EDC along with Tyler EDC and Lindale EDC was awarded the 2018 Community Economic Development Award by the Texas Economic Development Council on October 19th, 2018.  These groups combined forces to attract a $200 million, 1,700 employee Sanderson Farms poultry processing facility.   Pictured left to right are Susan Gill, Lindale EDC; Pic Billingsley, Sanderson Farms; Mercy Rushing, Mineola EDC & Tom Mullins, Tyler EDC

POPULATION Profile Breakdown

Year

 

City

County

State

1980

 

3,896

24,697

14,229,000

2000

 

4,561

36,752

20,861,820

2010

 

4,515

41,964

25,145561

2017 Estimated

 

4,719

44,314

28,304,596

CLIMATE/CITY MISC. INFO.

Average Annual

Rain: 37"     Temperature: 70

 

Elevation: Downtown is 416 ft. above sea level

 

City's incorporated limits: 7.292 square miles

 

City's Latitude: W 32     and    Longitude: W 95

 

TAX STRUCTURE

 

Property Tax

(Rates/$100 of assessed value)

UTILITIES/OTHER INFO.

For current utility fee information, please click here: https://mineola.com/economic-development/city-services.html 

 

Service Suppliers

Electric Companies

AEP/SWEPCO – (888) 216-3523

  • Billing         (888) 216-3490
  • Outage      (888) 218-3919

Wood Co. Electric - ETJ - (903) 763-2203

Natural Gas Company

CenterPoint Entex – (800) 259-5544

Telecommunications Companies

AT&T – (903) 569-2651

Peoples Telephone Cooperative (903) 763-2214

Suddenlink Communications – (903) 569-2651


 

Fire ISO rating – 2

 

Housing Units: 2004

 

Total Police Force:    Full time  13  /   Reserve  3

Total Firefighters: Full time  4  /   Volunteer  25

 

Hospitals

Christus Good Shepherd-Longview – 903.315.2000

  UT Health ETMC- Quitman- 903-763-6300 

   Christus Trinity Mother Francis Hospital-Winnsboro- 903-342-5227

   Christus Trinity Mother Francis Hospital- Tyler- 903-593-8441

   University Of Texas Health Center- Tyler- 903-887-3451


Ambulance

ETMC- free subscription for residents inside city limits (with application)

 

 

City:

County:

School:

Other:

 

Total Current Tax Rate:

 

(updated January 2019)

 

 

Rate

 

$0.562410

$0.579900

$1.170000

$0.020800

 

$2.334010

 

SALES TAX

City: 1.50%   County: 0.5%  State: 6.25%

Total:  8.25%

 

HOTEL/MOTEL TAX

City: 7%  State: 6%       Total:  13%

 

Total Hotel/Motels/B&B Rooms

109 rooms

 

 

ECONOMY

 

http://www.woodcountytx.com/

Wood County Economic Outlook by Ray Perryman Group 2020

 

 

 

 

 

FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT INFORMATION CONTACT:

Mercy Rushing, Executive Director  - 903-569-6183 / 903-245-8505 - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT/ MARKETING INFORMATION CONTACT:

Lynn Kitchens, Assistant EDC Director & Marketing Director  - 903-569-6183 / 903-638-1288